Saturday, March 13, 2010

Personal Fears

I cannot believe that it is spring break already and that we are half way through the semester. It feels like it is going by so quickly. This is both a relief and a little scary for me because it means that I am getting closer to graduating. I feel a crazy mix of emotions when it comes to graduating in December because on the one hand I am exhausted both mentally and physically and would like to just be done and to get my diploma. However, on the other hand, I am terrified of graduating because I am afraid of trying to find a job out there in this job market and economy. However, I know that I will be well prepared when the time finally comes because I have had excellent teachers and classes. I have also been able to receive hands on experience through my internship and will be learning even more with my Graduate Assistantship in the fall. I must learn to confront my fears and realize that everything will fall into place when the time is right. I just need to take things one step at a time.

1 comment:

  1. While the job market is intimidating, I am so ready to have a “real job” that I will go wherever and do just about whatever I have to in order to get a job once I graduate. I hope that I will be able to stay in the Southeast, but I plan on applying to as many positions as possible once I get a little closer to graduation. I am also excited about completing my portfolio because I think that will be a professional added touch that I can send to potential employers.

    ReplyDelete